"Let me show you healthy can taste good."

Vegan Cuts Snack Box

I was over the moon excited to be contacted by Vegan Cuts to try one of their snack boxes. It was hard to stop & take pictures before tearing in. I have known of Vegan Cuts for some time, but hadn’t gotten around to trying a box. I will definitely become a customer. The service is similar to other snack delivery boxes. You pay a flat fee & receive a box of surprise goodies in the mail. Vegan Cuts is unique because you can also shop for favorites individually on the site.












 





















This month’s box was curated by Whitney of Eco Vegan Gal. A brief encounter with her played a huge role in giving me the confidence to pursue my next ambition. That something BIG I mentioned in the last post. She strives to “help and inspire people take better care of themselves and the planet so we could all have healthier, happier lives.” One of the items in this box were not food items, but rather eco-friendly food tool, a glass straw from Simply Straws. Why glass straws? I shared a link on facebook recently to an Earth Day article about plastic use. I thought I knew how plastic & disposables are polluting our planet, but continue to be shocked by facts & images. The more disposables we can swap for reusable items, the larger our impact. Outside of reusable grocery bags, I bring real utensils in my lunch tote, have lined fabric bags for my sandwiches & snacks & do carry a glass straw in my purse. I find it also helps me keep hydrated.

Now, onto the food!
















Numi Organics Savory Tea:  I have sampled these at some expos. I received carrot curry & spinach chive. I loved the spinach chive. Spinach tea!? Yes, spinach tea. It's like drinking a savory broth.
Nuttzo To-Go: This blend of seven nuts & seeds was delicious. I spread it on a banana for an afternoon snack. 
Vigilant Eats Superfood Cereal: I was most excited to see this in the box. I picked one up at a natural market before & loved it. Of course, I received the same flavor I'd already tried, Espresso Maca Mulberry, but how could they know. Perfect breakfast on the go or would be great for packing for travel.
Mediterranean Snacks Baked Lentil Chips: I am loving the development of alternatives to the traditional potato chip.
mct-lean vegan protein blend - natural vanilla: I have not tried this yet. It will be blended with frozen bananas & almond milk for a breakfast smoothie. 
NII bar: The almond chocolate chip flavor was a tasty snack with 8 grams of protein. I look forward to trying the other flavors.
Oat Works: "Oat powdered fruit smoothie." I like the concept. But I wasn't a huge fan. Just because I am not a fan of packaged juices. Too sweet for me. But if you're trying to increase your fiber intake or like juice, this would be a good option.

No comments:

Post a Comment