"Let me show you healthy can taste good."

Catsino

Earlier this month I learned a new skill. Dealing black jack, or in this case, Blackcat 21.



























I volunteer for an organization called Community Cat Coalition who's mission is to make a difference in the lives of community cats through trap, neuter, return. As a 100% volunteer organization, fundraising is important. I volunteer my time at our booth at street fairs & other fun events, mingling with the public & spreading our message.

For the first time, I volunteered at an event called Catsino held at Beveridge Place Pub in West Seattle. It was a blast! Friends, be prepared for an invitation next year. You pay a fee at the door & receive a packet of play money to buy chips at the many table games around the pub. The event brings together the local community with tables run by local small businesses & non-profits; including Furry Faces Foundation, AARF, and Regional Animal Services of King County. At the end of the event, you trade your chips in for raffle tickets to place in any of the donated raffle baskets. You can also participate in the silent auction. There was a beautiful display of appetizers & of course being held in a pub, beer & wine were available.
















After a few YouTube videos & some practice games at home, I was ready to deal.
















Here I am in action.
















And of course, we always shamelessly bring kittens to our events as marketing staff. We named this bunch Spade, Heart, Diamond & Club.




















I bid on & one a dining experience (drink, entree & dessert) at my favorite Seattle restaurant, Chaco Canyon Cafe, in the silent auction. I likely bid over the value of the gift ceritificate, but it was for a good cause & gave me an axcuse to visit Chaco Canyon. I'll share that experience later this week. I took my husband for his first visit there & tried some new menu items.

No comments:

Post a Comment