"Let me show you healthy can taste good."

Natural Products Expo West - part II

As promised, here’s part 2 of the Natural Products Expo review. When writing about my favorite product discoveries, I realized there are a couple more food products worthy of featuring (and probably a lot more on the whole floor I missed). 

First, a local Seattle based company, Field Roast, is launching vegan burgers & apple maple breakfast sausage links. I already love their sausages which make regular appearances in my stir-fry. Both of their new products are not surprisingly, delicious. Their burger patties however are high in calories in my opinion & will not likely become a regular menu item. The breakfast sausages will be included in the occasional breakfast for dinner meal. Until now, I had not found a breakfast meat alternative that I enjoyed, or didn’t include egg ingredients.
















Last, but certainly not least, Phoney Baloney's coconut bacon. I've been asked before why a vegan would want to eat something that tastes like bacon. While it may not be the case for everyone, most vegans don't give up animals products because they dislike the taste. Phoney Baloney has flavors ranging from original & BBQ, to apple fennel & candied. I look forward to trying the savory flavors on my baked potatoes and the sweet varieties in trail mix or on ice cream.


















I also want to share a non-food product I will be purchasing for myself. I spoke with the creator & owner of Keeki Pure & Simple non-toxic nail polish. She created the product line when looking for safe, chemical free polishes for her young daughter & not finding a current product on the market she was happy with. These polishes are cruelty free & free of synthetic fragrance, acetone, parabens, formaldehyde, toluene & other harmful chemicals you may not have realized are common place in most polishes. But my favorite part is the range of spunky colors like raspberry cotton candy (pictured below), chocolate covered cherry & blue slushie.



No comments:

Post a Comment