"Let me show you healthy can taste good."

Caramelized Bananas with Cashew Cream



 
I was pleased with how this turned out for throwing it together. I've made bananas foster in the distant past which I remember involving bananas, rum & butter.

This version of caramelized bananas is healthy, quick & delicious. I served it as dessert for a girlfriend who joined me for dinner last night. Since I just threw it together, the amounts below are estimates for 2 servings.

2 bananas, halved & split lengthwise
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 Tbsp Bee Free Honee or other liquid sweetener
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Cashew cream topping
 
Heat coconut oil in pan. Add bananas, liquid sweetener & cinnamon. Flip bananas every minute or so until they get soft, making sure they don't stick to the pan. This'll only take a couple minutes. Top with cashew cream & a sprinkle of cinnamon.

For the cashew cream, I found a basic recipe online. Basically blend 1 cup soaked cashews, a pinch of salt, 1/2-1 teaspoon vanilla & 1 tablespoon sweetener of choice (I used the Bee Free Honee here as well) and water as needed, until smooth.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious! I bet this would be good with pineapple as well :)

    ReplyDelete