"Let me show you healthy can taste good."

Chili Lime Sweet Potatoes

Sorry it’s been a while since my last post. Been a busy couple weeks. I was in (and won!) a speech competition in my Toastmasters club as well as taught my first cooking class at work. More on that later.

This recipe is from Cooking with Trader Joe’s: Skinny Dish. I had the opportunity to meet the author, fellow dietitian, Jennifer Reilly in D.C. & get my book signed. If you are a fan or Trader Joe’s, I definitely recommend this book, but the recipes can be made with ingredients from any store. While it doesn’t say so outright, it is a vegan cookbook with recipes such as blank, blank & blank.

These sweet potatoes made a perfect side dish. Not too spicy & the lime was perfect.

Served with Blackened Tofu & Steamed Kale



















4 small sweet potatoes, scrubbed & diced
Juice of 2 limes, about 3 Tbsp
1 Tbsp agave nectar or maple syrup
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp grapeseed oil, or other vegetable oil
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350. In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, agave, chili powder, oil & salt. Place sweet potatoes in a 9x9 inch baking dish & toss with juice mixture. Bake for 40 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.



No comments:

Post a Comment