"Let me show you healthy can taste good."

Holiday Gift Guide #2 - Foodie & Functional Gifts

I hope you checked out some of the wonderful products shared yesterday in the world of beauty & fashion. Today we’ll focus on Foodie & Functional gifts. Food related gifts are always exciting.

1. Cookbooks.

Looking at my bookshelf, I realize at least half of my books are cookbooks. Not because I don’t read other genres, but because I check out fiction books on CD from the public library for my long commute. The cookbooks topping my list this year are Isa Does It: Amazingly Easy, Wildly Delicious Vegan Recipes for Every Day of the Week by Isa Chandra Moskowitz. If you're unfamiliar with vegan cookbook authors, Isa is the one to know! I own a handful, with my favorite being Vegan Cupcakes Take over the World. I have not tried a recipe from any of her books, or blog that I haven't loved.




















and The Cheesy Vegan: More Than 125 plant-Based Recipes for Indulging in the World's Ultimate Comfort Food by John Schlimm.





















I teach plant-based cooking classes & by the end of the series, most participants say they could live without meat. Many say, "But I can't give up cheese." This book is the solution. Indulge in creamy, gooey, cheesy recipes. Enter to win my holiday prize pack 2 posts down, which includes this book.

2. Tupperware Sushi Maker.


















I love veggie sushi. But I'm terrible at making it. This sushi making tool does the hard work for you.

3. EcoJarz lids & straws




















I feel bad every time I recycle a perfectly good jar once I use up a condiment. Here's a better way to re-use those jars! EcoJarz lids turn any jar into a drinking cup. Drink directly from the spout, or get one of the stainless steel straws. Lids come in regular or wide mouth & stainless steel or silicone. Perfect for smoothies on the go. 

4. Local spotlight: Theo Chocolate


















"Proud to be the first Organic and Fair Trade fair for Life Bean-to-Bar Chocolate Factory in North America." If you’re in the Seattle area, you can tour the factory & buy bags of broken, but just as delicious, chocolate chunks in their store front. But if you’re elsewhere, don’t fret. Theo Chocolate can be found in many stores nation-wide. The dairy free bars are clearly marked "vegan". My favorite flavors are Fig, Fennel & Almond or holidays flavors Nutcracker Brittle & Peppermint Stick.

1 comment:

  1. Theo Chocolate is delicious!! And I'm super intrigued by the Tupperware sushi maker. I've never tried making it at home, but this definitely seems like it would make things easier!

    ReplyDelete