"Let me show you healthy can taste good."

Welcome back & new recipe

Yes, I am welcoming myself back & once again apologize for being MIA. My last post was Thanksgiving! I've been filling my time outside work with continued volunteer work with the cat shelter, family & have just started training for my first half marathon in Disneyland for my 30th birthday coming up in January.

Before I get to a new recipe, I want to share an exciting opportunity that arose this week. I am a huge fan of Jason Wrobel's online cooking videos. I hosted a viewing party & potluck when his special, How to Live to 100, aired on the Cooking Channel. He is very entertaining & I appreciate that he is able to bring healthy concepts & foods to the masses. Via facebook, I saw he was looking for interns to help scribe his videos into recipe format for his first cookbook. I jumped on the opportunity. I have been watching & rewatching videos this week for delicious dishes like Strawberry Macadamia Hemp Milk & Creamy Orange Julius. I won't spill the secrets here; you'll have to wait for the book, but you can view his videos on his youtube channel, visit his blog or follow him on facebook.

Now onto a recipe I can share. I threw this together last night & other than cooking the quinoa, which is a hands off process, it took 5 minutes.

Tropical Teriyaki Chickpeas

1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (or 1 can, rinsed & drained)
1/3 cup teriyaki sauce (I used Trader Joe's soyaki)
1 Tbsp sriracha sauce
1 cup mango salsa (also Trader Joe's)

Add chickpeas, teriyaki & sriracha to a pan & saute until sauce thickens. Add salsa & stir to heat through, 1-2 minutes. Serve over grain of choice, such as quinoa, brown rice or cous cous.

Next time I'll add some chopped green bell pepper & top with cilantro.

This was inspired by my recent trip to Hawaii. I'll have a post of soon about my food adventures on Maui.

No comments:

Post a Comment