"Let me show you healthy can taste good."

Thanksgiving Menu

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Even though I was recovering from a cold, I still had a nice time with family, great food & watched Brave while making room for dessert.

Wondering what a vegan Thanksgiving menu looks like? You may be surprised to see my plate looked a lot like a “traditional” Thanksgiving plate. On our menu was green bean casserole, jalapeno cheddar biscuits, stuffing, mashed potatoes & gravy, cranberry sauce, butternut squash casserole & instead of turkey I had a Gardein stuffed roast. 



My husband & I had dinner at my parents’ along with my brother. My mom was so kind as to veganize the menu & prepared a turkey for everyone else. I assisted with meal prep & made the orange cranberry sauce, jalapeno cheddar biscuits & a pumpkin cheesecake. I am most proud of the biscuits which were made from scratch. May be the first item I have ever made where I used yeast, let the dough rise, & rolled it out. And they were delicious!

The roast was good as any Gardein product I have tried, which means very good. I am slightly addicted to their chipotle-lime crispy chikn strips. I would opt not to use any gravy on top of the roast next time as it took away from the crispy outer shell.

We followed dinner with my pumpkin cheesecake & my mom’s apple pie.

All recipes used are as follows:
Butternut Squash Casserole (coming soon)

1 comment:

  1. Yay - you're back!! I tried a vegan butternut "mac and cheese" this year and it was great. I'm probably about 75/25 on my whole foods lifestyle now, but the more of these recipes I try the easier it seems to be. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete