"Let me show you healthy can taste good."

Avocado Cous Cous

I got the inspiration for this recipe here, but of course I altered it to fit my likes & what I had in the kitchen. Seen here served with sauteed greens & veggie sausage.



















1 box Israeli cous cous
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1 jalapeno, seeds removed
1/4 cup cilantro leaves
1/4 cup basil leaves, chopped
1 clove garlic
3 limes, juiced (~3 tbsp)
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
2 avocados
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
salt & pepper to taste

Cook cous cous per package directions. While it's cooking, prepare sauce by blending jalapeno, cilantro, basil, garlic, lime juice, vinegar, avocados, nutrition yeast, salt & pepper in a food processor until smooth. Once cous cous is done, stir in sauce & tomatoes.

This made plenty of sauce so I saved some for quinoa the next night. For those of you reading who loath cilantro (I know there's at least one), just use twice as much basil.

1 comment:

  1. Loathe cilantro - you definitely have my number! :-) This looks great Jenelle!

    ReplyDelete