"Let me show you healthy can taste good."

Carrot Cake Cupcakes

I've had a lot of carrot pulp going in the garbage when making carrot based juices last week. I was feeling wasteful & wanted to come up with a use for it. I've seen various versions of raw carrot cake & carrot cake cupcakes. Here's mine. I brought them to a meeting at work & had 2 people ask for the recipe. I'd say that's a success.

Cupcakes:
2 cups shredded carrots
1 1/2 cups pitted dates
1 cup walnuts
If the dates are hard, soak them in water for 30 minutes, then drain. Process carrot, dates & walnuts in food processor until they bind together. Portion dough into mini cupcake tins or liners. Refrigerate for an hour to firm up before frosting.

Frosting:
1 cup cashews, soaked for 1 hour, then drained
1 tablespoon orange juice (or lemon if you don't have orange)
1-2 tablespoons maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon cardamom

Blend all ingredients in blender or food processor until very smooth. Add water as needed, but you want this to be thick as possible. Once cupcakes are chilled, frost with frosting. I just scooped frosting onto a spoon & spread with the back of the spoon. Whatever method works for you.


I apologize for the poor photo. I shared these at my meeting & realized I hadn't photographed them. My office mate still had his second one on his desk so this was the best I could do. I promise they are tastier than they look.

No comments:

Post a Comment