"Let me show you healthy can taste good."

Creamy Cashew Milk

I may have done a nut milk post before, but since I'm getting back to blogging after months of hiatus, I figured most new followers will be seeing it for the first time. There are many non-dairy milk alternatives & they're all delicious. Comercially you can buy coconut, oat, rice, hemp, hazelnut, soy, cashew, almond & probably others. Like with anything, I prefer to make my own to have control over ingredients. My personal favorite is cashew or hemp.  It is best made in a high speed blender.

You'll need:
1 cup raw cashews (soaked at least 4 hours)
3-4 cups water
2-4 pitted dates (optional)

Very simply, you blend everything together until smooth. Cashew & hemp are probably my favorites, as they do not require straining after blending. My next choice would be almond, which does require straining through cheese cloth or a nut milk bag (yes, there is such a thing). Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. The milk will separate after sitting, so give it a good stir or swirl before use.














There's something satisfying about looking at a beautiful jar of homemade milk in the fridge. Pictured below is a serving I pack for work, along side raw granola. Granola recipe to follow later this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment