"Let me show you healthy can taste good."

White Bean & Artichoke Salad

First, I love the new camera+ app for my phone. Makes my food look extra delicious. Was very pleased by a compliment that this looked like something a restaurant would serve.

This bean salad recipe is adapted from a cookbook I got for Christmas, Color Me Vegan by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau. It’s a great recipe to use a bunch of herbs & packs a lot of flavor.

Seen here served with roasted roma tomatoes & garlic. I loved the cold bean salad alongside the warm tomatoes.


2 cans white beans, rinsed & drained
1 can artichoke hearts, drained & coarsely chopped
1/3 cup kalamata olives, finely chopped
1 small red onion, finely chopped
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
¼ cup chopped mint leaves
¼ cup chopped basil
1/8 cup olive oil
¼ red wine or balsamic vinegar
Fresh ground pepper to taste

In a large bowl, mix all ingredients. Toss to coat. Cover & chill for at least an hour to let flavors mix, stirring occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment