"Let me show you healthy can taste good."

Baked Delicata Squash Rings

If you aren’t sure what a delicata squash is, here’s a picture in its whole form.

I had never eaten, nor heard of one until it arrived in my weekly organic produce delivery. Now it is one of my favorites. What I love is, because it’s small, it cooks quickly. Also, because the skin is thin & gets soft during cooking, you can eat the skin too.

Last night I had it in delicata squash & tofu curry, but below is one of my favorite, simple ways to enjoy it as a side dish or even healthy snack.













2 small delicata squash
1 Tbsp olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
Herbs of choice (I use rosemary)

Preheat oven to 425.
Slice off ends & cut squash into 1/2 inch thick rings. Use a spoon to scoop seeds from center of each ring. Toss rings with oil, salt, pepper & herbs in a bowl to coat.
Lay rings on baking sheet (make sure they’re not over lapping) and bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown & soft when pierced.
Eat!


1 comment:

  1. Baked veggies are perhaps one of my very favorite things to eat! I would probably steer clear of squash just because I don't know how to cook it, but baking it seems almost too easy :)

    ReplyDelete