"Let me show you healthy can taste good."

Avocado Pesto Pasta

I dislike avocados. Enough to make the effort to pick them out of my veggie sushi, however I always give anything more than one chance. I finally found a recipe I love! Plus it's easy & the husband loves it too.

I hope you enjoy this recipe from Chloe Coscarelli.


16 ounces dried linguine or spaghetti
1 bunch basil
1/2 cup pine nuts
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 ripe avocados, pitted & peeled
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/3 cup olive oil
salt to taste
fresh ground black pepper

In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add pasta & cook according to package instructions. While pasta cooks, prepare sauce. In a food processor, blend basil, pine nuts, avocados, lemon juice, garlic & olive oil. Season with salt & pepper.

Drain pasta. Toss pasta & sauce in a large serving bowl.
Serves 6

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea that you didn't like avocados. I love them but Bob hates them, so maybe this is a good way to compromise!

    ReplyDelete