"Let me show you healthy can taste good."

Gingery Carrot Tomato Soup

I taught my first in home cooking class last week. More on that later, but for now I'll say I'm I am very excited about this new venture. This Monday through Friday my husband wanted to try juicing. If you know us both personally, you'd know the quality of our diets differ dramatically. We juiced for breakfast & lunch and ate a raw dinner, including dinner at a raw restaurant in Tacoma on Valentine's. More on that experience later as well.

For now, I want to share a quick raw soup recipe I just made to use up the last of the produce hanging around. If the idea of cold soups creeps you out, as it did me for a long time, you could heat this. The fresh garlic & ginger make this a bit spicy.

(Raw) Gingery Carrot Tomato Soup

1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
1 stalk celery, quartered
4 small carrots, peeled & quartered
2 Tablespoons coconut cream (I refrigerate canned coconut milk, the cream will rise to the top)
1 inch piece ginger, peeled
1 clove garlic
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon each salt, pepper & turmeric
1 cup water

Blend ingredients in blender until smooth. If you want to eat this warm & have a high speed blender, just keep blending. If not, transfer to a small pot & heat over stove top.

























This made 2 large servings. I topped mine with hemp seeds & sprouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment